Saturday, May 18, 2013

Struggling with Weight

Like virtually every other woman in a Western Nation, I'm not thrilled with my weight and appearance. I was discussing this with my sweet baby sister (Hi, Sophie....) and she commented "You know what we should do? A competition!" Um. Duh. She went on the say something along the lines of "Accountability doesn't work cause it's like 'Oh, I ate a dozen cookies today...' 'Great! I'm gonna go finish off my carton of ice cream!' " Um. Yeah.

Have you ever had an accountability relationship like that? I've had about 1000 of them! We screw up and "confess our sin" to our partner who SHOULD reprimand us and encourage us to do better and instead our partners response is more like "Oh, thank God, I'm gonna go eat butter and sugar by the spoonful." And believe me, I'm not being down on "everyone else", I've been that partner PLENTY of times! Accountability, for the most part, doesn't work. If you don't have self control, then others controlling you won't work either.

You know what works? A good, old fashion, healthy competition. As soon as she started talking about it, I started scheming how was going to be the winner! This is not a "Oh, everyone wins because we're all losing weight smiley face/rainbow/hearts/unicorn/fuzzywarmthoughts" competition, I'm talking a competition with a prize. Clothing.

C'mon, clothing is your best excuse for not losing weight. "Well, gosh, if I lost 50 pounds, I'd have to go buy all new clothes and I don't have the money for that, so I guess I'll have to wait..." Hehe. No. In this competition, every loser buys the winner an article of clothing in their new size.


Here are the rules!

  1. Competition runs from June 1st -December 31st (YES, even through the Holidays!)
  2. Each participant must join the FB group I made (Except Sophie, she deleted her FB) and PM me their starting weight. Feel free to post "before" pictures too!
    1. The group is "secret" so you can't find it. No one can see that you join, or see anything that is posted in the group. Just ask me to add you!
  3. Each participant must agree to send a piece of clothing for the winner. I'm not gonna hunt you down and force you, this is honor based. Item can be from the mall, thrift shop, whatever! Just make sure it's in great condition, no holes, stains, whatever.
    1. If you don't want to pass out your address, I can receive all the clothing and mail/deliver it to you!
I hope you join the fun! 

1 comment:

  1. "Oh, thank God, I'm gonna go eat butter and sugar by the spoonful." Yup.

    ReplyDelete