Monday, May 20, 2013

Teenage Emily

This is an excerpt from a journal I wrote when I was 15. (punctuation, capitalization, grammer, etc are all original)

100 Favorite Things
  1. Hugs from Abby
  2. Playing in a pool
  3. Popcorn popping
  4. Laying in deer-beds
  5. People that accept me for me
  6. Doing my Bible studies
  7. Picking berries with kids
  8. Playing with Katie and Sarah
  9. Making cookies and frosting them
  10. The smell of daddy's shop
  11. The smell of a field dressed deer
  12. Being taught by daddy and understanding what he says
  13. Watching movies with Eric
  14. Finding something cool in the ocean
  15. Going snorkeling
  16. Watching a fire
  17. Listening to Charlotte Church
  18. Taking a VERY hot Bubble Bath
  19. Finding a new way to do your makeup
  20. Having someone Play with my hair
  21. A cat sitting on you, purring
  22. Taking your hair down after it's been up ALL DAY!
  23. Hearing a good sermon
  24. Rolling on the floor laughing and crying so hard you pee your pants [Ew. What was I thinking??]
  25. Pulling a good trick!
  26. Having someone put on a concert just for you [Uh, no one ever did this for me until I met Gary.]
  27. Earrings
  28. Perfectly applying nail Polish
  29. Hearing someone laugh
  30. A Freshly made bed
  31. Looking back and seeing what you've accomplished [I really really love this.]
  32. A bear hug
  33. Seeing a couple so deeply in love that they GLOW
  34. A really good conversation
  35. The warm, fuzzy, feeling you get when you know someone really cares about YOU
  36. Midnite snacks with your best friend [Didn't really have a best friend at this point in my life...]
  37. When you look perfect AND have somewhere to go!
  38. A perfect day at the beach with friends
  39. Finishing a really good book
  40. Finding the perfect outfit in the perfect size for the perfect price!
  41. Remembering the perfect phrase at the perfect time
  42. Getting something you worked for
  43. Getting something you don't deserve [okay, I just liked getting stuff]
  44. Finding an instant friend [Kristin, darling, I believe this was you!]
  45. Getting a new CD
  46. Toe-socks
  47. Fresh notebooks
  48. Some-one flirting with you first [insert blushy face.]
  49. A friend who will listena dn listen and listena nd listen to every last Detail!!
  50. Hills that 'get your tummy'
  51. Getting a long etter via snail mail (hand-written)
  52. Being trusted with a secret [Actually, I hate this. Keep your drama to yourself, please.]
  53. Hearing someone type really fast [Like I'm doing right now. Totally fulfilling myself. Lol]
  54. Winning a game of chess
  55. Finishing a hard job [College! Holla!]
  56. Going hunting
  57. Getting something in the mail (A Gift) [lol, toldja I just like getting stuff!]
  58. The sound of leaves crunch under your feet [wow, that sentence is not right...]
  59. Freshly fallen snow
  60. A green meadow [Obviously. No one likes brown meadows. Duh.]
  61. RollerCoasters
  62. Cool Posters
  63. Spelling a hard word correctly!
  64. Un-planned Partys that are Perfect
  65. Finding something you lost
  66. The smell of a new car [cliche much?]
  67. Reading poems
  68. Sun Tea
  69. Sunsets
  70. Comfy clothes
  71. Coffee Brewing
  72. Watching a Good Movie with your Girlfriends
  73. Listening to my music
  74. Hearing mom read
  75. Talking to Miss Lisa
  76. Learning something new
  77. Being able to go to God at night and cry
  78. Reading a really good poem that tugs at your heart strings [omg, the cliche is KILLING ME. Literally. Okay, figuratively.]
  79. Tom's messages
  80. Watching football
  81. Superbowl commercials
  82. Writing a poem that is actually good [Apparently I was on a poetry kick?]
  83. Getting a massage
  84. Drawing all over my body [Well that sounds... provocative. It was around this time that we learned that highlighters glow under blacklight, so we did a lot of decorating.]
  85. Recieving forgiveness especially when it's a big mistake
  86. Hanging out w/ AF staff guys [more blushy face...]
  87. Good Perfume/ ColoGne [Why did I capitalize that G???]
  88. A freshly made bed and lots of pilows
  89. A clean house and a messy bedroom [that makes it a not clean house. Am I right?]
  90. Reading the comics
  91. Making something cool
  92. Cooking dinner for your family
  93. Getting an A on that tough assignment [I had just started taking classes at Polk Community and was freakin' THRILLED to be getting grades! lol]
  94. Using big words + shocking people
  95. Loving your Job [Thanks, Billy!]
  96. Moose tracks Ice Cream
  97. A spur-of-the-moment snowball fight [Never been in one. I hate snow. It sounded romantic. I was delusional.]
  98. Recieving praise
  99. A good conversation online [As opposed to a good conversation in real life, which didn't even make my list.]
  100. Completing a whole notebook [ This list was written on pages 1-5 of a brand new notebook.]

This entry was followed by a painfully embarrassing attempt at poetry. 

Maybe someday I'll write a revised version.

1 comment: