Monday, July 1, 2013

Food Waste Friday (a bit late!)

This is my waste this week. Three wrinkly apples, half a cantaloupe, some moldy carrots, and about a quart of homemade yogurt. 

The apples came from a bag that was about $5/10 apples. They been in the fridge for, like.... 6 weeks. The cantaloupe was $3.50, and the carrots.... Probably $2? And this is about a 5th if a bag. I'm chalking the yogurt up to a learning curve. It was my first time making it and it turned out a bit soft. I made A gallon, though, and used most of it! 

This is some kombucha that has been sitting into fridge for about 2 months. My hubby discovered it and opened the bottle (it was REALLY bubbly!) and we remembered "This stuff is delicious!!" And quickly finished the bottle. So we have another batch fermenting now!

$1.50 - apples
$1.75 - cantaloupe 
$0.80 - carrots 
$1.10? - yogurt
+_____
$5.15 wasted this week. 

I'm bummed that I let this much produce go bad. 

I cleaned out my fridge, pantry, and cabinets this week, so next week should be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment