Tuesday, July 30, 2013

24 Things I Love About My Husband

Sunday was my husbands birthday and I know I don't tell him often enough what I really appreciate about him. So I want to tell him  (Hi, Gary!) and I also want to tell everyone else in the world. So, without further ado (omg, someone actually spelled that right?? Yeah, I'm homeschooled.), 24 things that I love about my husband. (in no particular order!)

1. His Zeal. When my husband gets interested in something, there is no stopping him! Whether it's a new instrument or a new game, his passion is checked only by our bank account. (And me demanding he come to bed now!!) He learns everything there is to know about that thing. This also includes doctrine and theology, his passion for learning is inspiring. When I encouraged him to take the shortest route ("Baby, it's a 5 page paper, you're on the 5th page, it's done!"), he absolutely never took that route. ("But I'm only finished with the introduction! I still have 4 more points to make!")
2. His incredible love for family. This is not just Anastasia and me, but also his parents and siblings, his grandparents, his cousins, everyone! He loves his family. It's almost physically painful for him to leave Ana when he has to go to work. He is such a devoted and patient father that he unknowingly reminds me to be a better mom.
3. He knows me better than I know myself. When we started dating and I said "I hate jazz!" he didn't even answer! But when we had an opportunity to go to a jazz show with some friends, he jumped on it and dragged me along. And he quickly taught me that jazz is AWESOME!
4. He is generous. When we realized that we didn't have enough money to go on our annual anniversary trip to Myrtle Beach, he volunteered the gift money he had received from graduation so we could still go. And we had a blast!
5. He is varied. He isn't strictly a nerd (though believe me, he is!), nor is he strictly an outdoors guy, or a bassist, or a video-gamer, or any one thing. He loves a lot of stuff and (like I said in #1) he loves it A LOT. He loves to camp, He loves the mountains, He (almost...) loves the beach, he loves hot weather and snow, it doesn't matter. He loves it!
6. He is laid back. Sometimes this also bugs me, but most of the time laid back is great!
7. He loves absolutely anything I cook. Seriously. Or at least he doesn't tell me if he hates it. But I'm pretty sure he loves it.
8. He thinks I'm awesome. For real, he still makes me blush because he thinks I'm way more awesome than I am. (Not that I mind :D)
9. He lets me do all my weird crunchy things without question. (I just smashed some pinkeye that Ana caught with a couple doses of breastmilk and he didn't even second guess it!)
10. He loves wearing Anastasia! And not just wearing her, he loves wrapping her! That's kinda a big deal.
11. He is a master of thrift-shop finds. Some of his scores include a $100 wireless router for $10 and a whole plethora of board games ranging from $25-$85 for a mere $0.99. Most recently he found an awesome marble track for Ana to play with!
12. If he wants something, he makes sure it happens. He knew he wanted to take his family camping so before we even got engaged, he bought a tent for us. It was a great investment!
13. He takes pride in taking care of his family. I know this because he has worked hard at his job in order to make himself a valuable employee. I know he was out of his comfort zone when he first began but that makes him even more amazing to me! 
14. He wants to adopt. This is something we have very casually talked about doing in the future and it makes me so happy. I have always wanted to foster or adopt and I'm so grateful that God placed the same desire in my husbands heart!
15. He lights up every time he sees Ana and me walk through the door to visit him at work.
16. He is incredibly forgiving when I make mistakes, whether with our finances or our lunch. He doesn't even being it up again.
17. When I do crazy stuff, he just kind of takes it in stride. Blue hair? No problem. Water Birth? Go for it. Cloth Diapers? Sure thing. Tandem Bungee Jumping? Well.... lets just say I'm not even up for that!
18. He is a secret artist. He painted the most wonderful Ratatouille painting for me for my kitchen.
19. He is usually willing to try out the things I like. Take cooking for example. I really love to cook and since we got married he has learned to cook like a pro.
20. One of my very favorite things about my husband is his sense of humor! Granted he can be amused by some of the (cough*in my opinion*cough) dumbest stuff, but when he makes a joke, it makes me laugh out loud every single time! He is the funniest person I know.
 21. He brags about me. This sounds vain, but it's really nice to know that your husband things you're great at something. And not just great, but great enough to tell people about it!
22. He loves to learn. He is always learning something!
23. My husband is a fantastic iPhone photographer! He always surprises me with the precious pictures he gets of Ana. This is clearly related to his level of patience!
24. He is open to improvement. Many people refuse to be told about their own short comings. My husband listens when I suggest something and takes steps to fix the problem. 

There are many more things I love about Gary, but this is already a long post. Thanks for being my husband. I've loved the 4 years, 7 months, 3 weeks and 4 days we've spent together.
The day he asked me to be his girlfriend!



First Fields Family Camping Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment