Monday, July 1, 2013

Project Get Real

I'm on a mission this week to make all our at-home meals 100% from scratch. NO PREMADE STUFF! This is because I want to eat real food; thus the blog title! Yesterday we had spicy blackened yellowfin tuna steaks with corn and rice on the side. It was awesome! I didn't take any pictures because we ate it too fast, but I promise it was pretty and delicious! All I got for you was a shot of the empty skillet!

Today, I made chicken Parmesan sandwiches, a recipe I got out of Kraft's Food & Family magazine. I started by thawing some chicken breasts. I also have a side quest to not use the microwave anymore, but I got a little pressed for time (I thought Gary worked at 3 instead of 2. Oops!) so I nuked them a bit to thaw them. While those thawed, I started on "The Hard Part."

The Hard Part
Nothing premade means me making  our bread. These sandwiches use rolls, something I've never made before, but I figured how hard can it be??


Not hard at all, it turns out! 

I did use one "premade" thing for this, spaghetti sauce. But, it was spaghetti made by my mother in law with ingredients straight out of her garden, so I'm not counting that. The point of this is to know what I'm feeding my family! And I know what's in that, so there ya go. 

Yumm! Gary approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment