Thursday, June 20, 2013

What to do with your baby, part 2

As Anastasia gets older, we're discovering there is a lot more we can do together and it's so much fun! 
 Yesterday, we finger painted! Anastasia is 19 weeks old this week and is great at grabbing for things that interest her, so I was really hoping this would go well. I started off by making some "edible" paint out of cornstarch, water, salt, and coloring. (I use the term edible to mean you can eat it and you won't DIE. It was probably gross!)
I taped out the word "DAD" and then plopped a couple blobs on this canvas and let her smear!  And of course my phone died at this point, so there are no more smearing pictures. 

How about some messy pictures??




I finally wiped off her hands and face here because I really didn't want her ingesting TOO much of the paint. It was a lot of salt!


 Okay, enough baby spam! Here's the finished piece. 


For her first time, I think she did a great job!! Gary was totally thrilled with his new piece if art :)







No comments:

Post a Comment