Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What To Do With Your Baby*

*not an exhaustive list, hehe.

In case you have been wondering what Ana and I do all day long, here it is! This is our typical schedule on a day that Gary works.

Ana = Rooster and thus wakes up at 6:30 every morning. Luckily, Emily = Old Rooster and thus wakes up at 7 every morning, so 6:30 isn't much of a sacrifice for me. We get up and play in her room on the floor and read books for about 60-90 minutes, or until she starts falling apart. This is when I get my COFFEEE. Usually around 8, she goes back to sleep for her first nap. If it's going to be a great day, she sleeps until 10 ish and during this time mommy gets delicious breakfast and usually finishes her up of cold coffee. I'm also starting a new Bible study and this is when I'll be doing that!

After my Gummy Bear wakes up, she usually spends some time playing by herself on the floor. This is a relatively new phase of life for us, she has generally required my attention EVERY DARN SECOND so I'm enjoying her 4-month-old independence. (Until she asks me for the car keys, at least!) This is chore time for me! Dishes, kitchen cleaning, and lunch prep are right here. Ana still isn't super independent so she will lay on the floor in the hall and play and we can see each other most of the time. Her favorite toy right now is her "magic wand". Its a baton I found at Target that is filled with water and glitter and she is crazy about it!


After lunch, usually around 12:30-1, Ana starts falling apart again so she decides its time for a nap again. On a normal day, Gary is getting ready for work around this time so Ana and I will take a nap together once he leaves. I do this for three reasons. A) I love baby cuddles :) B) Ana sleeps longer when I'm next to her and I'm trying to train her to take a long afternoon nap and C) I'm tired from waking up at 6:30!! This is almost always a 3-4 hour nap for Ana. This leaves about 2 hours between nap and bedtime for us to hang out with Sophie! That could be going for a walk, stopping into Target, having dinner, going swimming, or just playing at the house.

At 7, Ana goes back to bed and sleeps until 6:30 and then we start all over again!

So, in summary, what to do with you baby: Life! When Ana was first born I thought I had do do specific stuff with her and entertain her and I was totally sure that I was boring her to death because I didn't know what to do. FINALLY, at 4 months, I realized that you just do life! Sure, life now includes more playtime than it used to, but that's fun too :)




No comments:

Post a Comment